Saturday, November 17, 2018

英語表現演習4 (土): Changes to schedule in syllabus・シラバススケージュルの代わり

Hello! 


How are you? As promised, here are my notes about the changes to the schedule within our syllabus

Once again, I cannot apologize enough for these changes given my condition with my lower back. But I am getting better and will work towards no more changes! 


I have posted the picture of the board notes at the top, but here are the notes, in a form I hope I easier to follow - though I have also made a few small changes to these notes. Here they are:


Changes to schedule (from November)

11/3 - no class (Chuo festival)

11/10 - no class (canceled because of my bad back!)


11/17 - collecting first drafts of mid-term writing assignment summaries 

New textbook work - Chapter 6 (GM food) 
Homework - Textbook Chapter 7 (GM humans)/Continued work on first drafts of mid-term writing

11/24 - teacher return of first drafts of summaries

Quick peer review - Chapter 7
New textbook work - Chapter 5 (Selfish genes) 
In-class teacher advising on first drafts of mid-term writing with class time for writing work
Possible homework - Textbook Chapter 8 (Wrongful conviction) 
Required homework - final draft writing of summaries and final drafts of mid-term writing 

12/1 - deadline for hand-in of final drafts of summaries and final drafts of mid-term writing assignment (each on separate pages and stapled - summary as top page followed by written composition)

Possible quick peer review - Chapter 8  
New textbook work - Chapter 8 and/or (beginning) Chapter 9 (Cats and dogs) 
Homework - (rest of) Textbook Chapter 9 or Chapter 10 (Holsteins and Ankoles)*

Note

*We may skip over and not do Chapter 10 if we do not have time for it. But from the beginning of December, we should be able to follow the rest of the original syllabus schedule. 

Once again, I am very sorry for the canceled classes this semester. You've been a great class and I've enjoyed greatly having all of you as students. I'm very proud of all of you and of your efforts. 


See you next week!



Image: Personal photograph. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment